Thursday, August 11, 2016

I promise I didn't disappear...

When I started this blog, I knew it would be a time crunch (not unlike the current roster crunch for the Cubs), but I didn't know that it would be this difficult to find time to blog.

As the stacks of cards came in, I planned on not booking them until I got a post up about them, to thank the traders that welcomed me to the community.  I feel terrible that it has taken this long for me to properly thank all the great collectors around here, and have finally found the time to do so.

Over the next several days, I plan catch up on trade posts.  They won't be terribly long write ups, but where notes were made, I'll be sure to include what cards helped with my all time Cubs collection, as well as favorites from each package.  In the future I hope to do longer, more involved posts.  In the meantime, this is what I've been up to:

  • Attending school full time, looks like I have 3 semesters to go before I finally, at age 34, get my bachelors.
  • Both of the kids (he's 6, she's 3) are into collecting.  The boy's favorite players are Rizzo and Russell (to the point that he roots for anyone named Russell, even in golf), and he's nuts about blue parallels.  The little girl doesn't have a favorite player yet, but of course loves purple and pink parallels, along with anything shiny (such a girl).
His reaction upon seeing this today: "OH NO, Addison Russell is playing for a different team?"
(Image credit: P-Town Tom)

  • The boy also started baseball this summer, his first shot at little league, and we both had an absolute blast.  I got a pitch trainer that I throw into for him to field grounders and line drives.  Worked out a deal with Gavin for some customs from his first year that I'll have posted once I receive them.
  • I've also been building up quite the trade box, so once I'm caught up, I'll be looking to start trading again, and finding new bloggers to trade with!
    • Especially looking for Royals and Indians collectors
That's all for now, look for trade posts over the next several days!









3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the fray Andy! If you need to unload Indians cards, just let me know and I'll be glad to take them off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, will be some Reds too :D Send me an email with the box above/right as a reminder!

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back and posting again, Andy!

    ReplyDelete

Just keep it clean is all I ask!